I look to my left and see shining starlight,
I look to my right and see the world anew.
I look to the ground and see nothing but sunlight,
I look to the sky and see a beautiful blue.
Yet with all the beauty in the world,
Something is missing.
The void in my heart is not filled,
As long as it is empty my soul is chilled.
The void in my heart keeps my soul in chains,
I shall never fly again for in my mind it rains.
The warmth of a good soul,
Sweet, caring, and sound,
Are the echoes of my fading footsteps,
Loping bound after bound.
I grapple with the freezing night,
I recline in the warmth of a beating heart,
I wonder if we all shall soar,
Yet I still don't know how to let my soul run free.
I shall never know if my soul will run free.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.